Tuesday 12 February 2013

starting anew

Hello!
I though that it would be interesting to start with something simple to introduce myself, therefore I decided to write 10 random facts about me and in them incorporate the reason why I decided to start this blog. So, hang on to your hats and here we go...

1. I'm the eldest of five, but I'm the only one in common between my parents. So, no one of my siblings actually looks like me!

2. For the life of me I cannot ride a bicycle, I kid you not. I was even given a beautiful blue bike when I was about 7 and spent a whole summer trying to learn it, it was only years later that I found out that I have a problem in my spine that prevents me from riding a bike.

3. The first proper book that I read was "Little Prince" by Saint Exupéry, the second was a huge book about the supernatural. I was 6 and unable to sleep for a whole week.

4. The same reason why I cannot ride a bike makes me ambidextrous, only God knows why! One of my party tricks is that I'm able to write with both my hand at the same time, both forwards, backwards and two words at the same time.

5. I decided to become an atheist when I was 6. That Summer my grandmother tried to put the fear of God into me and it nearly worked, I would have been a good Catholic girl if it hadn't been for a school trip to one of the many Cathedrals in my country where a life size statue of Jesus in a coffin complete with blood and hair hadn't scared the (pardon the pun) bejesus out of me which made me conclude that if that was meant to be adored, I didn't want to be a part of it.

6. My brother and I were so close when he was little that he used to call me mum once in awhile. That didn't prevent us from getting into all kinds of mischief, including stealing our neighbour's fruit and fishes, playing baseball with rotten watermelons and trying to pick almonds with stones. For some reason, his girlfriends are never to sure what to think of me when we finally meet.

7. All my life, ever since I was a little girl I have always been fascinated with moving pictures to such an extent that I never wanted to do anything else than working in films. It took me a long time, but for the past 5 years I've had the priviledge of working in VFX.

8. Saying that, in 1997 I saw a demonstration at an animation festival done by my now employers about the wonders of CGI and I wasn't overly impressed by it. Life is ironic!

9. I have a little boy who's about 1 year old called Vicente, he is the sweetest, most single minded, active baby that I have ever seen and I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world.

10. Phew! Finally! The reason why I decided to start this blog is that my little family of 3 is moving accross that big scary pond and all the way accross Canada to Vancouver and I needed a place to vent my happiness, concerns, craziness, fears and where I can share any useful information that I can find along the way. I don't know if anyone is ever going to read this, but if you are out there welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment